Our Talent Sdn. Bhd. and any companies in our Group (“Our Talent”)
Collection of Your Personal Information
1. Collection of personal information
In this Policy, “Personal information” is defined to include but is not limited to information that whether on its own or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify or contact you. Personal Information is collected from Users when they use the Services provided in the Website and Sign up for an account in the website. This information is partially or completely accessible to all Users of Our Talent App (“Platform”), either directly or indirectly. The word “App” and “Platform” shall be used interchangeably.
Users are required to create an account to be able to access some portions of the Platform and the services/products provided therein.
When Users create an account with Our Talent, they will be required to disclose Personal Information and/or any other information that can improve the security of the Platform and improve the Users experience of the Platform. The type of Personal Information that we collect from you varies based on your interaction with our Platform.
During the Account registration process, we will collect and store information such as your first and last name, postal code, telephone, email address, credit/debit card details, business name, mailing address, travel preferences, a description of your services and other personal information. Further information includes: -
· your mobile device unique ID number
· your computer’s IP address
· technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system)
· your preference and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preference etc
· the buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any)
· which services and features of Our Talent you used and for how long
· the online or offline status of Our Talent
You also may provide us with your demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers). We may also collect personal information that you post in your profile, feedback, comments or discussions you post in any instant messaging application or other correspondence site on the Platform, or any comments you provide during a dispute resolution service.
Our Talent reserves the right to record the conversations between Users or any User which has been assisted by Our Talent through the messaging/chat mechanism on the platform or the calls made through the virtual numbers provided to safeguard the privacy of the Users. All the chat/messaging logs or call recordings can be used to but not limited to monitor and prohibit abuse, safeguard the rights of Users and resolve disputes.
If we deem it necessary, in our sole and absolute discretion, we may also ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties (to the extent permitted by law) to verify any the information you provide during registration.
2. Collection of Personal Information from social networking sites
As an alternative to registering for an account, allows you to log into our App with your Facebook account. In order to do so, you must enter the email address and password that you use for your Facebook account or click on Facebook Login button to redirect to Facebook apps authorisation and also permit. Our Talent to access and collect basic information on your Facebook profile. This information may include and is not limited to your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID’s, list of friends, date of birth, email address or any other information which you have set/or made accessible to the public. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public. The information received from Facebook is stored with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Our Talent and its third-party service providers, which include, payment gateway, ad networks, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies collect information about your use of our Platform and services provided therein, such as your ISP or operating system, your domain name, your access time, your IP address, and the type of device that you use. We may also track how frequently you visit our App and use our Services.
Our Talent and its third-party service providers collect information from you by using cookies which are used to analyse web traffic or informs you about your use of a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, tailoring its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. When you visit the Website, we may send one or more cookies to your computer that identifies your browser.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies. If you disable cookies then the Website may not function properly and your use of the Website may be affected.
We and our third-party service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Purpose and Use of Personal Information and data collected and processed
1. How personal information is used and for what purpose
We collect your Personal Information and aggregate information about the use of our Website and Services to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better Website experience. Specifically, we may use your personal information for any of the following reasons, but it is not limited to:
a) Agreements and arrangements
· Entry into necessary agreements, contracts, memorandum
· Credit assessments and other background checks as deemed necessary by us
· Collection of outstanding payments from our Users
· Delivery of notices, documents, forms, contact you via email, telephone, facsimile or mail, or, where requested, by text message, to deliver certain services or information you have requested
b) Services and Products
· Delivery of our main services/ products whether present or future
· Customer relationship management procedures
· Client profiling activities in connection with our services /products
· Communication with you and delivery of information by any means
· Provide and improve our services/products to you, including registering you for our services/products, verifying your identity and authority to use our services, and to otherwise enable you to use our App and our services/ products;
· Provide customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
c) Internal Record & External (including Marketing)
· Marketing of our services/ products to you whether present or future
· Internal record keeping
· Process billing and payment, including sharing with third party payment gateways in connection with our App, services and/or products and services; improve and maintain our App and our services/products;
· Periodically send promotional emails, special offers from Our Talent or other information to the email address you provide, award loyalty points to you, display offers and ads that may be relevant to you;
· Conduct market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the App according to your interests,
· To better understand our users;
· Use your demographic information (i.e., age, postal code, residential and commercial addresses, and other various data) to more effectively facilitate the promotion of goods and services to appropriate target customers and for other research and analytical purposes,
d) Legal compliance.
· Prevention of any hindrance, reporting of any crime
· Compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the services/products offered by our App
· Enquiries into any fraud bribery and money laundering, to make disclosure under requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, order, by-law, guideline, circular, code
· Resolve disputes, diagnose and fix problems, to protect ourselves and other users of our App and services/products, and to enforce our Terms & Conditions;
· When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
· If Our Talent is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our App of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
All other purposes for the proper performance of this App and our obligations.
While the Our Talent App is in use, we keep track of your device’s geographic location so that we can connect you to other Our Talent users based on your particular geographic location.
Surveys, Polls, Newsletters and Invitations.
1. Electronic newsletters
We may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. We will gather the email addresses of users who sign up for the newsletter mailing list. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by opting out of receiving newsletters during the registration process, by following the link provided in each newsletter that points users to a subscription management page where the user can unsubscribe from receiving newsletters or by changing their preferences in User’s account registered with Our Talent.
2. Inviting a friend to use Our Talent Platform
Our App users can voluntarily choose to electronically forward a link, page, or document to someone else by clicking “send to a friend” / “invite a friend”. This requires the User to provide his or her email address, as well as the email address of the recipient which will be used in the event of transmission errors and to let the recipient know who sent the email.
3. Polls and surveys
Our Talent may conduct polls and surveys by itself or through third parties. We may use third parties to provide incentives to you in an effort to encourage you to participate in our polls and surveys. In order to provide the incentives to you, you may be required to provide personal information to Our Talent or the third party as the case maybe. Either Our Talent or the third party may follow up with you on any poll or survey through email.
We employ electronic, procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access or disclosure by third parties. We do not promise or guarantee, that the User’s personal information or private communications will not be accessed; collected and/or used by others without authorisation. You are also required to take added security measures to protect against unauthorised access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password details private. Our Talent is not responsible for the unauthorised use of your information or for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any unauthorised activity from your account.
Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
1. Information disclosed in compliance with legal processes
Your Personal Information may be disclosed if: (i) it is required by law or any other legal processes whether in Malaysia or in any other jurisdictions, (ii) disclosure would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the Policy or the relevant user agreement (iv) if we reasonably believe that it is necessary to prevent, investigate or take action against suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies, or (v) we need to exercise or protect the rights, property or safety of Our Talent, Users and others.
2. Information disclosed to third party service providers and business partners
We may contract with various third parties for the provision and maintenance of the App, Services, for analysis, marketing, research and development and maintaining our business operations. We may share information depending on the nature of our relationships with them. We generally require these other companies to keep our Users’ information confidential.
These parties may have access to your Personal Information which is relevant to the type of work that the third party performs and they shall be obligated to Our Talent to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
3. Bankruptcy or change of control
In the event that, there is a change of control of Our Talent due to a merger or sale of all or substantially all of Our Talent’s assets to which this Website relates or other corporate reorganisation in which Our Talent participates, and is thus merged with or acquired by a third-party entity. Our Talent reserves the right to transfer the information we have collected from the Users of the Website to such third-party entity.
In the event of winding-up, reorganization, or receivership or the application or laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, Our Talent may not be able to control how your information is transferred, used, or treated.
Links to External Websites
We do not use the App to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of thirteen (13). If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
You have a right to access or amend your Personal Information by changing or removing contents in your profile and deleting your Personal Information by closing your account with Our Talent. However, Personal Information that you have shared with others or posted publicly or that others have copied may remain after you have closed your account or removed such information.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the App, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at [email protected]